There are so many awesome food events happening right now! I’m going to try to make them all. But you can also check them out down below!
😍 5 spots to try right now
Humboldt Bar: One of the classiest cocktail experiences in Victoria at 722 Humboldt St.
Discovery Coffee: Great coffee, amazing donuts from Yonni’s, right in the heart of downtown Victoria at 1001 Blanshard St.
Tourist: All-natural wine bar with amazing burgers, across from the Royal Theatre.
Friends & Family Bake: Check out this awesome Filipino-bakery tucked inside the famous Fan Tan Alley. Our pick: the ube donut.
Know a great place we should add here? Reply back and let us know!
New multicultural food festival on Cook Street this Saturday
When you walk into the Cook Street Village Food Court the first thing you might notice is the delicious aroma of cooking, which instantly makes your tummy rumble. Located in the heart of Cook Street Village, it is the site of the new Multicultural Food Festival this Saturday from 11am to 8pm.
SPONSORED BY BREWERY AND THE BEAST
Brewery & The Beast is BACK
Brewery & The Beast - The most anticipated food & drink festival of the season is back at Starlight Stadium on September 24!
It's the perfect way to spend a Sunday - the sun is shining, the atmosphere is buzzing, and the good vibes are flowing. Gather your favorite people and get ready for an afternoon full of fire-cooked meats, refreshing beverages and live music.
The starting line-up is stacked with the best chefs, restaurants and beverage makers from Victoria and Vancouver Island. Take in the very best of what the region has to offer, including an array of specialty meats, craft beer, ciders, wines, cocktails and non-alcoholic options.
Tickets are 85% sold and won't last long!
Victoria's GreekFest serves up two weekends of food and dance
Greece has produced some of the best dishes in the world—moussaka, souvlaki, dolmades, keftethes, and so much more. The event features Greek cuisine, dances, and vendors and is intended to serve as a “gateway to Greece's rich heritage, showcasing the country's traditions and customs,” according to its website.
SPONSORED BY PARK’S KITCHEN VICTORIA
Summer to-go: chicken, beer, soju harmony!
Summer heralds the ripening of the season. Imagine stepping into a tale of romance at a charming Korean-style pocha restaurant. Friends create cherished moments, gathered beneath the tented patio, enjoying the evening breeze.
• OEB Breakfast Co. expanding with location in Victoria. The popular Calgary-founded breakfast and brunch chain will hang its hat on Yates Street.
• Nominate your favourite Victoria brewery in BC Ale Trail’s 2023 Best Brewery Experience Award. Do so, and you could win select prizes. Winners will be announced in October during BC Craft Beer Month. Vote now.
• Life can be stressful, dinner time shouldn't be. Refire Kitchen's fully prepared meals are ready to simply "heat n' eat"! Take a break from preparing dinner, they've done all the work for you!*
Have a restaurant, business, or event to promote?
• Drag Lunch at Moon Under Water. Doors open for this “folk” drag show, with five performers, at 11:30am this Saturday at 350 Bay St.
• Sidney Street Market is every Thursday. This market has long been the benchmark for a great Vancouver Island market: local vendors, food trucks, and local produce.
• Grab your tickets for Brewery & the Beast Festival. Next month, on Saturday, Sept. 24, Starlight Stadium in Langford will host the ultimate beer and meat festival in Western Canada. It’s a must for any food and beer lovers.
• Grab an $8 martini—like the cucumber martini with gin and basil—at Cook Street Village’s The Beagle Pub.
• From 4 to 5pm, head to Wind Cries Mary for $10 snacks and wine, $11 cocktails, and $5 beers.
• Sip on $12 classic cocktails and $11 featured wine daily during happy hour at The Courtney Room, from 2 until 5pm.
• Enjoy $12 plant-based Detroit style pizzas at Virtuous Pie during its happy hour Sunday to Thursday, from 2 to 5pm and from 9pm until close.
If you enjoyed today’s newsletter, consider forwarding your friend; if not, let us know down below.